Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ew Stink Bug!

Well word must have gotten out about my new blog, because today at work, a bug slowly eased his way across my telephone wanting to get his face on my page! He moved at a snails pace, and at first glance I thought it was a cockroach! But cockroaches don't like the light and my office is as bright a room as any!  They also move so fast, whereas this little guy in Mishy's small world crawled around without a care in the world.  It turns out, I am the one in the dark when it comes to bugs!  Apparently according to some, this guy is quite common.  He's known as the "stink bug" and he's looking for shelter, mostly because he knows winter is coming soon.  If you see one, don't bother swatting or stepping on them (not that I would ever do that anyways! yuk!), but if you do you will soon find out why they get their name! Turns out stink bugs..stink.  Yes, they give off a very foul odor when crushed.  In fact, experts suggest using a vacuum to suck them up.  Personally, I would rather do what I did today, wait until they crawl onto my posty note and send them off outside again, but then they'll just make their way back inside.  Maybe they'll just find another place to hide in.  With the temperatures dropping in September and October, the Stink bug will be on the rise.  So be aware, and keep your eyes on the ground.